Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Revitalizing

Are you having a better time watching American Idol than you did watching the Superbowl? I think I am.

It's interesting to see what a couple of weeks will do. I've spent two whole weekends not working, the weather has gone from 50s to 10 and back to 50s again, my parents returned from three months away, the Valentine's decorations are out, and everyone seems to feel that winter is over.


The free time is revitalizing. We don't usually watch movies but just signed up for our very own Netflix account. We've both been able to go for outdoor runs, and Gary's now in a great Tuesday night basketball league in Osterville. And this past Saturday night - after a trip to Home Depot to finalize the last touches on the new bathroom! - we randomly found what turned out to the be best dining experience probably ever. The Stonebridge Bistro in Onset, MA. The music, the artwork, the waterfront, the positively impossible-to-decide menu choices... You gotta go.

I also signed up to ride the Five Boro Bike Tour this May - a 42-mile bike ride through New York City. Many of you have supported my rides each May for the Brain Tumor Society, and sadly, Nathan will not be with us this year. Gary and I will not make the actual ride unfortunately, so I will be wearing my Team Navin shirt for the NYC ride two weeks earlier. You can still sponsor me as a "virtual rider" for Nathan as we strive to be another top-ten fundraising team this year!

We're off to Dorset, Vermont tonight for a four-day weekend with the Hedmans - and when I say Hedmans, I mean Carl, Sandra, Eric, Jill, McKenna, Emily, Jake, Gary and me! Woot! Even in the messy weather, we plan to teach McK and Em how to ski at Bromley :-) Look out!

Hope everyone is well.... and don't kid yourself, winter's not over yet.

No comments: