Sunday, February 03, 2008

Above Water

The end of a beautiful Saturday - no work, just straight R&R. That sure felt good.

We drove out to Wellfleet today to check out the shipwreck that washed ashore in last week's storm. "50 feet of keel and oaken ribs" they call it. A very cool sight to see, and it turns out that on a 50-degree and sunny Saturday in February, hundreds of other people (and dogs) want to see it too!

We then swapped sides and walked along the bay side as the sun went down. I loved this shot, but we also saw some cool trash-art out there as well (more in my Flickr photos).

In other news, I'm very relieved to have another month of reports done at work and looking forward to some personal reading, some exercise... even girly trash like the movie 27 Dresses I saw tonight with my friend Carrie :-) Gary's pretty swamped at work too, but we're both really enjoying it at the same time.

Two things I think you should try: (1) Pandora - if you haven't already, it's an awesome way to listen to new music, and (2) the hand-held self-scanners at Stop & Shop. F U N, though you will spend more money than usual.

Hope everyone is enjoying February so far! My parents are on the home stretch this week, and we're off to ski with the Hedmans in Vermont.

No comments: