Friday, October 05, 2007

Some things that would be nice...

1) If everyone would hurry up and embrace Facebook. I signed on for work at first (seriously, did you know that you can download a "foodfight" application where you might then throw a Tyson chicken drumstick at your friend? Corporate branding galore). If you're not involved in social networking at this point - MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, etc. - you're missing out on some life-changing stuff. Yeah, I said it - life changing. It's not just about fun and games (ok, maybe when it comes to Scrabulous)... it's about how we interact, how we get our information - even about what causes or political candidates we believe in. All ages are in, and chances are your company is even in (check networks on Facebook).

2) If someone would write a research report on the percentage of people who work for SC Johnson's Skintimate shaving cream company who are actually using Gillette's Satin Care at home.

3) If smoking OUTDOORS would be banned. If you could watch the walking part of my commute with TBS playoff graphics (GO SOX!), you'd say I walk like a drunk - swaying back and forth to avoid second-hand smoke in my face.

4) If all grocery stores would stock the no-salt version of Friendship cottage cheese - and if the Stop & Shop here in Cotuit would figure out that, if they put the carriage holder thing closer to their building, more people would put their carriages away.

5) If, when I open up the pages for online shopping this holiday season, not one of them will bother mentioning shipping costs to me. Yawn. If I could buy all my gifts this year from Zappos and Amazon - oh wait! I CAN buy all my gifts at Amazon!

6) If Petfinder.com overtook Google.

No comments: