Friday, September 21, 2007

Flick of the Fall Switch

I woke up for work last week and ran for my slippers. I even grabbed a bathrobe and I'm not typically a bathrobe person. I walked into the bathroom and the HEAT kicked on!! It was freezing... it was fall.


It still is fall, of course, but the way it happened this year was like a switch! Labor Day = fall = make it dark at night = make it cold. Perfect science. Now while we're on that subject too, please honk if you wish we changed the clocks back sooner in the season and were able to enjoy more daylight this time of year.

Anyway, we were still able to have our friends Kim and Dave down from Vermont last weekend for a couple days of kayaking and catching up. A great weekend filled with laughter, and maybe even a little temptation for them to move to the Cape? Emily and her new man Anthony came down on Sunday and we all enjoyed a little tailgate on the water and the Pats game!

Weekends like that make it easier to go to work on Monday mornings. I'm enjoying the new Blackberry Curve (but not enjoying AT&T lack-o-coverage) and certainly enjoying less commuters on the bus and road. Gary has been spending some time in his week on Petfinder.com. Yes indeed, birthday boy might have decided what he wants for his birthday next month (I'm on your side, Bromley).

Nothing ahead for a few weekends! We're huge hikers and campers, so how did we find ourselves with only about three weeks left of the traditional camping season? I hope we get out there once or twice at least, but we also love winter camping... Right now Gary's feeling like he hasn't fished enough this summer and he wants to stay home. I, on the other hand, look back on too many ocean/boat photos and am bummed that we haven't done more (Gary would call these wine & cheese photos, not fishing photos).

With that... hope all is well out there! I leave you with some tidbits this evening:

What you might not have known about me till now: I loathe moths. I scream at moths. I use a different room/towel/cup/anything rather than be near a moth. I cry about moths just thinking about moths.

Lesson learned this week: When curious about what four cop cars and the K-9 unit are looking for, don't hide behind tree.

No comments: