Monday, March 10, 2008

Vacation Time

While out with friends a couple of weeks ago, the subject of vacations came up. It seems to be coming up a ton these days - everyone making big plans and eventually coming around to "hey, what are you guys doing for a vacation?" I never have an answer.

That particular night, my friend BG immediately pointed out that Gary and I seem to treat every weekend as a vacation... and you know what? It's kinda true! I've been thinking about it a lot ever since she said that.

It's not that Gary and I don't go anywhere. In our four years of relationship-parte-dos we've circled the country by car, honeymooned in Costa Rica, skied the Lake Tahoe region with friends, jaunted down to Amelia Island and Jacksonville FL, and visited great friends in the DC/VA area for a week. But on the weekends we've hiked, camped, yurted, skied, explored, constructed, photographed, fished, bike-toured, toasted, road-raced, and laughed with almost every one of our dear friends and family.

Whenever I tell someone we're "just chillin" this weekend, it usually means a combo of three of the above and only crossing one State border. And I'm okay with that (should I ask G?). Never seems odd to me until someone suggests we slow down. Huh? And do what?

To answer that question -
Next flights: Chicago, Arizona
Next international: St. Kitts
Next conventional "vacation": Costa Rica 2010
Dream vacation: Greek Islands













Happy 1st Birthday to Jake!

No comments: