Friday, January 11, 2008

January Thaw

Thunder, lightning and torrential rain! A good day to be working at home. Somehow, without fail, January always brings warm weather to these parts.

New happenings this week... I've revived my use of Twitter - check out my feed to the upper right or create your own. Easy to not understand the purpose at first, but I'm being convinced as I strive to master all things social media and marketing. You must be wondering how many things I log into every day... let's see (iGoogle, Yahoo! Mail, Facebook, AIM, Flickr, now maybe Twitter, the weekly Blogger and WordPress, hardly ever MySpace, hate Hotmail but my junk's there, Outlook of course, and I won't even go into work-related database and news sites).

Moving on. Got new glasses - pretty funky frames. My prescription hasn't changed since I was 15, nor has my innate ability for always picking the most expensive model of anything I buy, ugh.

Did some work research on New Songdo City... holy wow. An entirely new $25 billion+ city being built on landfill. Free economic zone, world class education and hospitals, 7-mile bridge, entirely eco-friendly and entirely connected (like you will know if your kid is at the library).

One last thing, if you haven't explored my Flickr page, I just want to give a little nudge that you all could be using it to share your photos too. It's an awesome interface for sharing and comments. Flickr also links to the Picnik photo-editing tool if you want to make your photos black & white or add text and graphics for fun.

OK, that's it. Gary's off to the Patriots playoff game tomorrow - GO PATS!

4 comments:

Thuy said...

I was thinking about you this morning as I was getting ready for work...had the same thought you did. You doesn't have to leave the house on a day like this.

Michelle said...

Your twitter link doesn't work.

Hey! How come my blog's not on your check 'em list.

Michelle

staceyhedman said...

Both fixed pronto! Thanks Michelle!

OConnellFamily said...

Hey - will you give a shout out about my new site? The one on my blog?

Also - next time you need glasses - check out www.39dollarglasses.com - yes... they are literally $39 - and they have some very cute styles... I just got my eyes checked and ordered 3 pairs for about $160... and that's including a pair of transition glasses... :)