Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ecological Footprint

Care to join me in finding out your ecological footprint?

Thanks to Emily and her sustainable design class at the BAC! Click on the link and answer a very short list of questions.

http://www.earthday.net/footprint

I'll be honest, here's what I found:

My total footprint is 21 acres. 4.9 for food, 1.5 for transportation, 6.9 for shelter, and 7.7 for goods and services.

While I fall below the average person's footprint in the U.S., there would still need to be 4.7 planets if everyone lived like me.

Use the comments link below and let me know what you found!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Mine was 13. Small house. Never drive because I work (albeit very seldom) from home and stay within the confines of my cozy little town most of the time.

If everyone lived like me, we would need 2.9 planets.