Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving in Vermont

We hope that this note finds you all well - and FULL - this Thanksgiving weekend!

We arrived in Dorset, VT with grandma in tow on Wednesday night, and made sure that Thursday consisted of nothing but food, food, family and food. I'm shocked not one of us thought to turn on the TV to watch the parade or football, but we had fun! The night ended with a few slide reels of old McClarran family photos, and as I type this, we're continuing to make our way through the boxes the next night.

Gary and I got up for a five-mile hike at Lye Brook Falls this morning. An easy one for Bromley in his arthritic old age, yet a very rewarding destination point at the waterfalls. Had the new camera in tow the whole way!

We met the fam - Mom, Grandma & Aunt Cheryl - up at a craft fair in Poultney after that, and later returned for some shopping in Manchester Center. I know I've written about the Northshire Bookstore before, but I uber-highly recommend it to anyone traveling through.

Meanwhile... My parents made it to New Mexico for Thanksgiving in the RV, and are currently already in Arizona. Sounds like they're having the same weather we're having up here in the mountains - spits of snow and brrrr!

Happy Holidays & Leftovers to all!

No comments: