Saturday, December 08, 2007

The Jump

I work in the strategic planning group of the public relations agency that I so enthusiastically (really) commute two hours to each day. Along with my ten-year career in competitive intelligence and strategic corporate analysis, a major charge of our group is digital strategy. That’s a company’s presence on its website, in social networks, on discussion boards, through widgets, through mobile platforms… and in blogging.

Multinational corporations and small homegrown businesses are blogging. There are huge benefits and huge risks, but it’s happening and it’s awesome. Even those without an established blog are able to engage and respond and share with bloggers (also known as consumers, partners, investors, the media, you name it).

I’m not even touching on what this free, viral, borderless technology is doing for non-profits (examples to come). Or celebrity brands like John Mayer and the very pink Pamela Anderson.

So anyway… We have a lot going on within our agency walls right now, including a whopping $1,000 contest for the best blogger! I don’t qualify – apparently being a digital strategist is cheating ;-) But will be finally taking my professional blog live, so stay tuned. I signed up over a year ago and am now vowing to make the time for it.

What could I possibly have to talk about now? Many of you know my love of all things international… I always said my life would be complete when I had an international cell phone, but that doesn’t mean much anymore. I’m 30-something now, I have an international Blackberry, and I’m still in the United States. Have been all year. So if I can’t go to it, I’m bringing my international to me (for now).

WhatUnites.com – Global views on branding, technology, cultural changes, motivations and more. Improvements to come on the look and feel of the site.

SaltyHedman.com – The same Hedman household you're used to...

Thanks for coming along!
Stacey

No comments: